The Adwords Conversion tracking will allow you to track results for your Google AdWords placements. You can see how efficiently your ad clicks lead to valuable users activity, such as purchases, newsletter subscription, phone calls, app downloads, and more. The setup process depends on the of conversion you’re tracking, so the initial step in setting up conversion tracking is choosing a conversion source.
In this article, we will talk about the adwords conversion tracking, and then you can follow the instructions to set up your conversion tracking.
How to add adwords tag via GTM
This requires placing special tags on each of your web pages. The post lists below the steps for technical implementation using Google Tag Manager.
In this post we will show you how to implement Adwords Conversion Tracking tag.
Adwords Conversion Tracking gives you information about what happens after a user or customer clicks on your ads – do they purchase a product, did they sign up for a newsletter, or download your article, etc. When a customer completes an activity that you have defined as valuable, these customer actions or activities are called conversions.
Steps to Set Up Google AdWords Conversion Tracking through Google Tag Manager:
- Your Adwords Conversion ID and Conversion Label
- An Adwords campaign should be live
- Login to your Google Tag Manager account, under the Container on the left navigation area click on Tags --> New.
- Choose a product “Google Adwords”
- Choose a Tag Type “Adwords Conversion Tracking”
- Now go to your adwords account, navigate to Tools -->Conversions--> Conversion Actions
- Select the name of the conversion action from the name column
- In the code box, look for the values in the variable ‘google_conversion_id’ and ‘google_conversion_label’
- Switch back to your GTM account, input the corresponding conversion id and conversion label
- Conversion Value, Order ID and Currency Code are optional
- Define activation rules. Activate on all pages or some pages etc.
- Publish the tag on your site
Benefits of Conversion Tracking
- To monitor which keywords, ads, ad groups, and campaigns are best at driving valuable customer activity.
- To understand your return on investment (ROI) and make superior well-versed decisions about your spends on ads.
- Use flexible bid strategies (such as enhanced CPA, target CPC, and target ROAS) that robotically optimize your campaigns according to your business objectives.
- See how many customers may be interacting with your ads on different devices or browsers and converting on another.